Tuesday 2 April 2013

Nightingale Cosplay: Skyrim - Elderscrolls V Armor Version 2.0!



Cosplay! I am on a Nightingale cosplay kick right now, but hey, if you spend 4-5 months working on a costume you need to get your times worth of fun from it! There is still so much I could do with this costume we shall have fun for for years to come.

This weekend my photographer, Andrew Snucins, and I hiked into the woods and took photos of me modeling my costume. I spent the last week upgrading it with a new mask, more folds to the skirting, a scabbard for my sword, and touching it up from some damage that happen at the last shoot. 

This costume is originally designed by Bethesda Softworks for their videogame Elderscrolls V: Skyrim. Called Nightingale Armor, it is a set your character receives in the game for completing a group of Thieves Guild quests. The bow and sword you see in my pictures below are also made by me and I tried to make them look as close to the game versions as possible. For a detailed DIY of how I made my costume see my other post on this blog.





I know pink hair isn't lore friendly but I really detest wigs and just wanted some shots of my face. They turned out to be the best photos of the shoot.











It was I who stole your sweet roll! As you adventure around Skyrim, city guards often ask you (very sarcastically) "Let me guess? Someone stole your sweet roll?" I couldn't resist this shot as the Nightingales are Skyrim's master thieves.

4 comments:

  1. Fantastic work. You look awesomely thiefy. The action shot is great to see too. Oh, and thanks for the explanation about where my sweetroll went....

    Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I enjoyed this shoot, it was a lot of fun!

      Delete
  2. Awesome. Wanna make me a male costume? i deffinatly don't have the skill to make it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might be offering commissions in the future. Stay tuned ;)

      Delete